SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING SHOTGUN
The Annie Oakley Shooters of Northern Illinois are thrilled to welcome you to S.H.O.T.S, our women’s only sporting clays clinics held monthly at Northbrook Sports Club. The Annie team is excited and honored to be a part of your sporting clays experience and hope you will come to love the sport as much as we do. There is fun to be had and friends to be made! Our goal is to see more and more women comfortable shooting on the range and enjoying the sport with confidence.
- All clinics start promptly at 9:00a.m. with a mandatory safety briefing. Please arrive 15 minutes early to register and meet fellow shooters. Look for the registration table in the Northbrook Clubhouse, there will be Annie Oakley Shooters welcome signs to direct you. Northbrook Sports Club is located at 160 Sports Club Drive in Hainesville. Refer to our website registration page for directions. The club phone number is 847-223-5700. Clinics will last about 2 hours in total.
- After the mandatory safety briefing, we will split up into groups (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced), based on the experience level you provided at registration. The Novice group will remain at the clubhouse for a 20-minute classroom orientation. We will review enough material to set you up for success and provide a forum to answer questions.
- This group will head to the 5 stand with the instructors after gun fit and eye dominance is assessed. The Intermediate and Advanced Annie’s will be paired with instructors for ‘supported shooting’ and instruction on various courses. These groups will shoot +/- 50 rounds with instructors.
- Before returning to the clubhouse for refreshments, your instructor will take you to a station to attempt an optional ‘trick shot competition’, Annie Oakley style, with chances to win cool prizes.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW AND NOTE:
- Bring a hat or visor and a water bottle.
- For your comfort and safety, wear closed toe shoes. Leave long dangling earrings at home.
- Many women prefer to shoot in a sports bra, narrow straps with metal fasteners can be uncomfortable and chafe shoulders when shooting
- If you have a shooting vest, bring it. Dress for the weather, we shoot rain or shine, cold or hot. There are no rain outs.
- You will be required to wear eye and ear protection while shooting. Sunglasses or prescription glasses work just fine. If you have ear plugs, bring them. We will have disposable ear plugs and plastic shooting glasses available free of charge.
- We will offer some post shoot refreshments, but you are welcome to stay for a full lunch at the clubhouse. Lunch not included in the clinic fee.
- Loaner guns will be available for your use, if you have a shotgun bring it and we will check the fit.
- You will be required to sign two waivers, one for Northbrook (or host club) and another for the Annie Oakley Shooters of Northern Illinois.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please do so within 48 hours of the clinic by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or messaging us on our “Contact Us” page. Advanced cancellation notice helps us to fill your spot from the waiting list and provides a heads up to our volunteer instructors and staff.
- Clinic Cancellation Policy Effective 5.1.2023 – Any person who has registered and paid for a clinic and notifies the Annie’s 48 hours in advance of the 9:00 a.m. clinic start time on said date will be fully refunded the registration fee or they may put it toward a future clinic. If cancelling within 48 hours of clinic date, there are no refunds on the registration fee; however, registrant has the option to apply fee to a future clinic.